Thursday, May 22, 2008

Freelancing, Baby

So after a day down with a pulled muscle, I'm back. Sucks I hit an injury on my first day in. Momma always told me life could suck. looks like she was right. Well, on to the good stuff.

I am one day into my new freelance writing gig and I am pleasantly surprised. I have already run down two legitimate leads and have my eye on three others. I thought it was hard to break into writing? To be fair, I'm not exactly buying million dollar houses with the income. I'm not even buying candy bars. I am however, making a name for myself every time I publish. I hope to keep riding the wave. I really like it.

Some of you who know me may be asking yourselves, "What the..." in regards to my decision to write professionally. Let me make one thing perfectly clear mother, I am not quitting my day job...yet. Nor do I have plans to quit it...yet. You see, I'm just having fun, doing something I like. If I make a billion dollars, guess who's quitting his day job? If I make five bucks, guess who's gonna supersize their meal? The point is, I'm not doing anything to jeopardize the family. On the contrary, I am earning us more money, so all is well. Please, relax and enjoy the present knowing that our future is safe.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go write another 300 articles so I can tell my principal to go to...

No comments: